City Force Healthcare has worked hard to ensure that we can recruit and support highly skilled healthcare workers

City Force Healthcare is proud to announce that we have received a Tier 2 Sponsors Licence Award, now known as the Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence. This enables us to employ and support skilled non-UK resident healthcare workers. To hire non-UK resident workers, all organisations must hold a valid sponsorship licence.

The Tier 2 sponsor licence system was introduced by the Home Office in 2008. To recruit skilled labour from outside the EEA and UK, companies must have a valid Tier 2 sponsor licence, which has been recently re-named the Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence. City Force Healthcare Employers and HR directors have ensured that our sponsor licences follow strict compliance obligations.

What is a Sponsors Licence?

A sponsor licence (formerly known as Tier 2 sponsor licence) allows UK-based companies to employ skilled workers who are based overseas or within the UK (applicants can “switch” into the Skilled Worker visa from most other visa types, for example Tier 4 Student and Tier 2 visas).

Once the licence is approved, it will be valid for a period of four years with the option for renewal.  

We got an A Rating!

We received an A rating, which is the highest rating awarded by the Home Office to trusted organisations. In order to receive the Tier 2 Sponsorship License, the UK government checked that City Force Healthcare could meet it’s strict compliance regulations. We are very proud that we received an A rating and have been added to the register of licensed sponsors.

  • Human resource and recruitment systems in place to meet sponsor duties

  • City Force Healthcare can offer a genuine vacancy

  • Three or more staff members have been enrolled to fulfil the immigration-related roles: an Authorising Officer, a Key Contact and a Level 1 User.

  • Thorough Record Keeping and Reporting Systems are in Place

  • City Force Healthcare Supplies the Home Office with all Requested Documents

  • City Force Healthcare is a Genuine Organisation

  • Each Non-EEA or UK Worker is Assigned a Certificate of Sponsorship

Changes to the Sponsors Licence – Skilled Worker Licence.

City Force healthcare is fully compliant and up to date with the new Sponsors Licence. The Home Office has published new guidance for sponsor licence applications. This reflects changes made to UK immigration rules in December 2020, notably, the replacement of the Tier 2 (General) visa route for sponsored employment with the new Skilled Worker visa route. From 1 January 2021, companies must have a valid sponsor licence in order to employ all skilled workers who do not have the right to work in the UK, including EEA and Swiss nationals and their family members, if they have not been granted settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.

What is a Skilled Worker?

The Skilled Worker route is particularly designed for migrants who have been offered a job in the UK. This is the main immigration route for skilled workers from outside the UK, and from 1 January 2021 will apply to all EEA and Swiss nationals who wish to work in the UK unless they have been granted pre-settled or settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, or hold a valid frontier worker permit or another visa that permits work in the UK.

To qualify for a Skilled Worker visa, you must:

  • Work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office, such as City Force Healthcare.
  • Have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ (from City Force Healthcare) with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK.
  • Do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations. See here.
  • Be paid a minimum salary – how much depends on the type of work you do.

The specific eligibility depends on your job.

Share This Story On Social Media!


Join Our Newsletter




Monday – Friday 24 hrs
Saturday & Sunday 24 hrs
Emergency On Call 24 hrs


Phone 0113 263 8830



Other news that may interest you

Make An Appointment

We’re available to meet by appointment Monday to Friday and have designated office staff who can attend to your inquiry. For any emergencies outside of normal office hours, you can contact our emergency on-call service.